For various reasons June was spent in laptop-in-a-bag mode. At some point I opened a fresh Ableton project to keep myself sane and started putting things in it and as we got to month end I've just rendered the fucker out and put it on the interweb because you can't stop me hah.
- With an Epiphone Wildkat and a grain delay set at 50% dry/wet and 60Hz frequency one can do a fairly passable berimbau impression.
- The riff in the middle (about the 5.30 mark) may have to get promoted to a "proper" song at some point.
- Everything here is Ableton internal instruments apart from NI Guitar Rig (for dem twang) and Izotope VocalSynth 2 for ring modulated Maybot* renderings.
- Vocals (such as they are) were recorded at my mum's kitchen table with some kit I borrowed from my brother. I tried to work out a way of getting my dad's old guitar in there (the very instrument I learned "Stairway" on), but alas the 15 mins I had to record it didn't render anything useful.
- This has been remarkably cathartic during a lightly hectic time. Not sure it's useful to anyone but me, but putting down notes without agenda or a plan... just reacting to what's around you, what you're in the mood for and using what's to hand is... liberating. Musical diary? Hmmm. I'm opening a "July" project now.
* Theresa was on her way out. Tories on life support, and all that. Plus I saw a lot of IV bags last month.
Currently listening to "Gesse" - Ukandanz.
Currently reading "Consider Phlebas: A Culture Novel (Culture, #1)" - Iain M. Banks.
Posted Tuesday, July 2, 2019.